Antenna

Antenna

Thursday 27 January 2011

CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTOR

for the last several months
i have withheld my labour from the market
i have declined to pay war taxes
which finance mayhem in faraway countries
i have rejected the employ of remote and cold-hearted institutions
where cost trumps value every time
in short i have withdrawn from the fray
i have read
i have listened
i have reflected
i have meditated
i have been a family man
i have taught myself piano
i have written poetry and songs
i have disappointed messrs osborne n cameraman
for my activities have been of no economic value
i have therefore run my financial resources low
and made myself unpopular with wife and bank manager
i admit temporary defeat to keep the bailiffs from the door
but my protest is far from over

No comments:

Post a Comment